Friday, April 24, 2009

Wonderful Day



Well, I had a great day today, so I am not in the mood to write about the asylum, although I will get back to it tomorrow. There are so many things to tell...not just about that but about my life as a survivor. Today I spent the day with Amy (my twin) as she had a garage sale. We just sat and gabbed. When we got tired of it, we shut down and picked up her littlest one, Will at his school. It was delightful. The smile on his face when he saw me was amazing. Then he showed me all of the neat things at his school - he goes to a Montessori school that stills up high on a hill. It is a renovated old, old school. It's beautiful. All hardwoods. Very vintage, and I love that. 

Instead of continuing my story, I thought I would share a view things with you. One is a piece I did tonight. I took me the entire evening (between watching my favorite Thursday night TV: Survivor, Greys, and Private Practice. They were all good tonight, so it just added to my great day. When I was little, I would lay in the grass and look up at the clouds. As I tried to see shapes in them, I also often wondered what was up there, beyond the clouds. Did they go on forever. So tonight I created an answer in a piece called "Above the Clouds." It is colorful and busy and beautiful....all the things I love life to be.


It also represent my busy, complicated thoughts right now. Click on the picture to see a better view of it. I also created our family logo today. I am going to start offering the creation of family logos for $30. Family logos can be used as return address labels, stickers, art for your home, or stationary...really anything. They are meant to reflect what is important in your family. Here is the one I created for us. I'm not sure if it is the final version, but I like it.


Have a great Friday everyone. Talk to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment