Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Opportunity

I know this is going to be a huge shock to some of you -- two posts in one day! Wow!

Actually, we are in Kansas City at the 12U USSSA World Series, and I've got a bit of time on my hands between games, so I thought I would write again. After today's games, we spent the evening at the pool. One of the parents BBQ'd hotdogs and lots of Gatorade was consumed! : ) As I was sitting there watching the boys play in the pool, I was thinking how great it must be for Nick to have the opportunity to be part of a team...doing something he enjoys. 

I am a team person. By that, I mean that I love collaboration...of any kind, really. I love collaborating with friends to have a girls' night. I loved working as part of the counseling team at the high school where I worked. 

This is one of the things that is hard for me as I start my photography adventure. I am sort of on my own. However, when I stop to think about it, Richard and I have really worked together to make it happen. He has redone the playroom, put in french doors to add natural light, and he has listened as I talked through a zillion issues. 

We have been in KC since Sunday, we play tomorrow, and if we lose we go home. If not, we stay again. It has been fun and exhausting and expensive. But mostly fun. Good times together. Here are a couple of pics of Nick - one of him having fun in the pool and one of him making a play at first base. 





No comments:

Post a Comment