Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

Today had a true mixture of the good, the bad, and the ugly. They were as follows:

THE GOOD -
  • I got to talk to Megan...we talked about my blog entry and about all of the silly things we did that I could have written about. Great conversation.
  • I went to lunch with my dear, long time friend, Molly. Even though we both live in JC, we don't see each other often. It is always easy to catch up.
  • I got my hair cut. Love an hour at the salon.
  • I had lots of laughs with Nick today.
  • I delivered an art order.
  • I went to the Sheriff's BBQ with Richard and Nick - saw friends.
THE BAD -
  • Still in a bit of a funky fog today and kept screwing up things - like I went to my haircut at the wrong time.
  • I had a nagging headache all day today. I assume it is because I did not sleep with my CPAP machine last night. Yes, I wear a CPAP machine. It is quite a lovely "mask" that forces air into my lungs at night, so my oxygen level stays up. Someday I will write more about this and about the sleep tests I had to determine I needed one...a great story. I associate CPAPs with fat, old men, but still I wear one and am happy to report Richard finds me incredibly sexy in the contraption! : )
  • Still only 25 readers today. 
  • ONE stinking comment (and I loved it, AZ) but really, one comment? Come on, humor me people!
  • My good, good friend J. called to tell me she was at the hospital with her husband, who is also a dear friend. It is hard to feel helpless when your friends are hurting.
  • I felt completely useless as an artist...growing a business is HARD and FRUSTRATING.
THE UGLY -
  • I got my haircut today. I love the time at the salon, but I just don't feel great about my physical appearance. UGH!
  • I had a MAJOR, MAJOR, MAJOR sweating attack in Barnes and Noble while sales clerk was helping me search for a fairly trashy romance novel we are reading in my book club. I think she thought I was sweating thinking about the book! : ) How embarrassing. Plus, Nick wouldn't stop laughing at me when we got in the car. He kept repeating, "Mom, it looks like you just got out of the shower!" And it did. 
So, lots of different emotions today. I am happy to report (I guess) that there was no crying involved, and I feel good about this. I sometimes feel like I am about to bust with all the crap that is inside me. 

Thus, today's piece of art....a digitally altered photo of the silos on "the farm."
They have held "crap" for years and years and years and are still standing. What does this mean for me? Hope? : )

UPDATE: Twenty five minutes later, it is now 12:37 am, and I cannot get the blankety blank file to upload, so I'll post the art tomorrow. It's been that kind of day. Definitely a sign it's time to go night night. 


6 comments:

  1. I'm notorious for getting the time of my haircut wrong! I've gotten a call while shopping at Kohl's asking where I was. I've showed up on the wrong day, wrong time, or not at all. Now I call the day that I think my appointment is to make sure I've got it right! Blame it on the a..a..a..age. ED

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angie,

    I read your blog every day! I think you have a wonderful gift for writing. Somehow I found out about your blog on acor/esarc and got hooked. My 2 year old son had ews on his spine, and being an older Mom I often wonder how he will feel about having cancer when he gets older. Your insights are very helpful. My son's site is under caringbridge.org/visit/jacobralston. I also started a foundation for pediatric proton which you can find the link under resources.

    Keep on writing!
    Hugs to you,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Ang.......I have posted about 8 times,then deleted it. So then, I send you a note on facebook, THAT COUNTS!!!!! Really, I love reading your blog, I cry, giggle, smile and really laugh. You do have a gift, thanks for sharing!!
    Love ya
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know that I'm a faithful reader, though, I think I know the stories before you write them :) It's the ups and downs that keep things interesting, right? Don't be so hard on yourself...try to just BE for awhile and shut off all that thinking! You know that you're awesome!
    Love you,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I'm totally laughing from the sweating episode...sorry, but I can't help it! Reading Amy's comment, I have to agree...your awesome!
    AZ

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally laughed out loud at the sweating episode, too. And I can hear Nick saying that to you. I enjoyed our conversation today too, and I'll call you next week because Ann's having another baby and I want to order something for her!

    ReplyDelete