Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hot Summer Day

Well, it was a hot, sticky day in Missouri, and I despise hot, sticky days! : )

I remember coming home from the Hampton swimming pool when we were young and being sun burned and tired - worn out from a day jumping in and out of the refreshing water and making regular trips to the concession stand for lemon heads and jolly rancher suckers. We were usually at the pool with friends or with our nephews, Jess and Ty. We rode our bikes to the pool most times. It was definitely a different time. Good memories, for sure. The one amazing thing about my memories of the Hampton swimming pool - and there are MANY, for sure - is that I don't ever remember feeling self-conscious or strange about being there with my scars, bald head, and eventually one leg. I think that's a very good thing.

We are off tomorrow to a ball tournament in Kansas City. We are staying with my best friend from my years at MU. I'm excited to reconnect...less excited about sitting in 110 degree heat! YIKES!

One thing I learned while doing my photo shoot today, is that good can come even when things seem rather hectic and disheveled! Miss Sophie was a character, and every time I looked her way, she would crinkle her nose up in a frown! So all pictures of her were taken on the sly! : ) I think the pictures and the kids are precious. Here is one of each of them - could have posted so many more! J. if you see this, send me a text to let me know what you think...If you remember how! : )







2 comments:

  1. These are so cute and so good. Keep up the good work--you can and will get your business started

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, Ang! LOVE the closeup of the baby. Wow. Did you take the pictures Amy posted on FB? Loved the ones of the girls. I, too have fond memories of that pool...

    ReplyDelete